We're now accepting Panel Applications
Good morning everyone! We're happy to announce that panel applications for Youmacon 2014 are now up and running. If you have any questions, please email our scheduling wizard at Lauren [at] Youmacon dot com.
A few updates
As online registration for Youmacon 2014 comes to a close, we have a few important updates for you. Online registration is still open until Monday September 15th, so there's still time to purchase a badge online.
- For the past few years, we've set a soft cap on the amount of platinum badges available to ensure a healthy balance of platinum attendees to normal attendees. This was to ensure that both badge types had an amazing time at the convention - platinum attendees could receive the value of skipping certain lines, while normal attendees were not inconvenienced by the number of platinum attendees 'taking the good spots' for popular panels, or adding a significant wait time for normal attendees. Until last night, we have never hit our ratio limit of platinum badges, but as Youmacon X is a special 10th year anniversary with amazing guests, we've hit the limit. Upon reviewing the current amount of 3-day passes vs platinum passes sold, we've added additional (but a limited amount) of platinum passes.
- As online registration closes in the next few days, an email will be sent out to all pre-registered attendees with parental consent forms, panel registration information, and more. This information will also be available on the website.
- Overflow hotels are now available for Youmacon 2014. You can reserve a room online for The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit Downtown, or Greektown Casnio Hotel. If you call the hotels directly, please mention Youmacon 2014 for the special Youmacon rates. (Please note that guests staying at Greektown under the age of 21 will not be allowed on the Casino floor - which includes cutting through the casnio to reach the hotel. We recommend attendees under the age of 21 to stay at either of the other three hotels.)
- We have a record number of special guests booked for Youmacon 2014! Please stay tuned for updates.
- There are currently no plans for a ball pit at Youmacon. The Midwest Media Expo however . . .
Youmacon 2014 is Go!
Youmacon is not only Detroit's first and only Anime Convention, it's also one of the fastest growing fan conventions in the country! Last year over 14,000 individuals joined us in downtown Detroit to enjoy our 24 hour programming, great industry guests, cosplay contests, and our epic video game room.
After a brief hiatus on updates while we ran our new sister event, the Midwest Media Expo, the Youmacon crew is back in action, ready to bring you our best event yet as we celebrate our tenth year! Youmacon X will be held at the newly renovated Cobo Center, as well as the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center.
Check out our latest Special Guests for Youmacon, visit our Registration Page to purchase your badge at a discounted rate, or stop by our location page to book your hotel room. You can also join our community on our forums, or on social media.
2014 Registration is now open
Are you ready for 2014? We're putting the finishing touches on our 2014 website, but in the meantime, we'd like to announce the online registration for Youmacon 2014 is now open. You can register online at http://bit.ly/1qW5KW9. More 2014 information, along with guest announcements are coming later this week.
2014 Video/Audio Track Competition Now Open (AMV Contest)
It's that time of year again! Time to get your products of blood, sweat, and tears finished and submitted to this year's VAT Competition. That's right, the 2014 Anime Music Video contest is now accepting new entries for it's 10th year anniversary! As Youmacon is a celebration of Japanese culture and the Video/Audio Track is a celebration of all fan created video content we accept all kinds of fan created videos, not just AMVs. So dust off your editing gear and show us what you got!
You can view the rules posted in our forums and ask questions here.
You can view the rules and other announcements also here.
Or if you already know the rules and just want to send your video(s) in you can do so here.