Youmacon Guidelines & FAQ
We at Youmacon are dedicated to bringing our attendees a fun and safe atmosphere to enjoy our convention. To accomplish this, we have set forth a few guidelines and rules that we ask be adhered to.
- Horseplay is dangerous. Just don’t do it. Posing is fine; however, dangerous or risky behavior is not permitted.
- If it is illegal outside the convention, it is illegal inside the convention as well. Follow all local, state and national laws.
- If you wish to hold a sign for attendees to respond to, it must be in a location that does not interfere with convention traffic or activities, and passers-by must not be disturbed if they choose not to respond to the sign. Signs must not request or promise money or lewd or disruptive conduct.
- Neither attendees nor staff may post signs on the walls.
- Alcohol is not allowed in convention space. Keep it in your rooms. Public drunkenness will not be tolerated.
- Keep high traffic areas clear and do not sleep in any public space of the hotel or convention.
- A government issued photo ID (state, province, other…) is required for entry into age-restricted events.
- Only authorized vendors may sell commercial items in the convention hotel.
- Do everyone a favor and shower every day. Nobody likes stinky otaku. Getting enough food and sleep is also encouraged for a good con experience.
- Staff is generally busy running events and making sure the convention goes smoothly. If you are asked to do something within reason by a staff member, comply without argument.