The Following information is the Personal Protection Protection Policy for Youmacon 2022. This information is subject to change based on CDC, local, and venue guidelines.
Last Updated: November 2nd, 2022
Youmacon 2022 Vaccine and Mask Policy
For the safety of everyone, all crew, exhibitors, guests, and attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test taken within least 72 hour before attending the event. Additionally, wearing an approved face covering at all times while indoors in Youmacon controlled spaces and events is required. Failure to comply with these safety measures may result in being denied access to Youmacon spaces, removal from spaces, revocation of badge, and banning from participation in future events.
Vaccine Verification and Two-Factor Badge/Sticker System
To ensure attendees are in compliance with the required vaccine safety measures, everyone will need to present proof of vaccination at one the two verification booths that will be located in Huntington Place and the Renaissance Center. Once vaccination status or proof of a negative PCR test is verified, attendees will be given a sticker to attach to their badge. To gain entry into any Youmacon event space will require the presentation of BOTH an event badge as well as the verification sticker. An event Badge alone will NOT grant attendees access to event spaces.
Exact booth Locations TBA
How to prove vaccination Status
To verify your vaccination status you must present a physical vaccine card showing you have had at least two (2) doses of the Pfizer and/or Moderna vaccines or one (1) dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine along with Photo ID. Instead of a vaccine card we will also accept;
1.Epic medical record of vaccination
2.MCIR record of vaccination
3. Equivalent records from other countries.
Booster shots are recommended but not required. Alternatively, attendees can provide a negative PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test taken within 72 hours before attending the event along with current photo ID . Antigen and Rapid Tests will NOT be accepted.
If you do not want to bring your physical vaccination card, there is a digital alternative that we can accept called CLEAR (https://www.clearme.com/faq-categories/digital-vaccine-card, if you’d like to know more about it):
First, you can download the app using this link (https://clear.app.link/healthpass) on your smartphone and follow the prompts to enroll. There are a few options to digitally verify your COVID-19 vaccine. Start by clicking “Add my Vaccination” under the Digital vaccine card tile. Then, please select the option that works best for you:
- Digitally link a vaccine:
- Select your vaccine provider in the menu or by searching ‘other providers’. Log-in to your patient portal and follow instructions to securely link your account with CLEAR. The CLEAR app is integrated with select healthcare providers and pharmacies.
- If you are unable to find your provider in search, CLEAR may not be able to link with them at this time.
- Check that your COVID-19 vaccine appears in your patient portal, if not we recommend you reach out to your provider directly.
- Your results will link automatically – do not try to resync your results. Note, sync time varies by provider and may take up to 30 minutes
- Once synced, proceed to complete your Health Pass
- Upload a photo of your CDC Vaccine Card:
- When prompted to add your vaccination, select ‘add your vaccination card.
- Take a photo of your vaccination card and confirm your vaccine information. Please note, the photo of your CDC card is just used to generate a Vaccine Pass. You will not be able to access it again after it is taken.
Face coverings that fit closely to the face, covering the mouth and nose must be worn at all times while indoors at Youmacon event areas. The use of N-95 or KN-95 masks is highly recommended.
For addition information on proper mask use, please consult the CDC website here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html
Vaccination checks are NOT required for children 5 or younger. Children Younger than 2 are not required to wear a mask
Health Warning Signs
If you currently have Covid-19, believe you have been exposed to Covid-19, or have been ordered to quarantine by a health official, you should NOT attend Youmacon. Additionally, do not attend if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting